Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Accountable

Always be accountable to your therapy team or nursing staff or patients.  Identify who your customer is in your job position.  When someone asks for something, I do my best to get it for them immediately or I ask them if I can get it to them at ____ time.  And then I do it.  If I can't get it to them by the time I gave them, I notify them right away and give them the new timeline.  Accountability can make or break the relationship between employee/manager, patient/therapist, manager/nursing/administrator.  When employees get "put off" indefinitely and many requests they give go unanswered... they start giving up and regard management as a joke.  When you as a manager answer requests and get information immediately for your team, their respect for you will grow and they will feel more secure following your leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment